Tuesday 22 October 2013

Neither I Know You nor You Know Me

There is a famous song sung by legendary singer Hemant kumar, which recites as "Na tum humein jaano, Na hum tumhein jaane" is especially very dear to me. The reason for my liking relates to this being the first song, my wife sang before me and my family before marriage during our first introduction. I still feel a special vibration when this song gets played anywhere. 

Today, I just sat down to understand the theme behind these special words. How much we know each other? Today we see trifles amongst the family members, riots amongst communities, war between nations. The single biggest reason everywhere seems to be, not knowing each other well enough. The famous "Johari Window" tries to draw the rooms, how much we know ourselves, how much others know me and how much I know about others. Definitely the biggest room is always the room where no one ever dares to enter; that is the room which is neither I know about myself and nor anyone else knows about me. All successful people are able to make their known room, the drawing room bigger. The philosophy behind this is simple to understand. If you can open your thoughts to others, you get more to learn and success always follows a life long learner. A family thrives if its members praise each other for their specialties. 

Communities live peacefully if they respect religions of each other and nations prosper if they trade goods amongst them and join hands to share their technology and learning. Today, politics has become a dirty word and people in this role are generally blamed for every evil our society faces. Politics is nothing, but a system to keep the systems going. To keep the systems going, best is always to know each and every component of the system. I do recall reading about our father of the nation, Mahatma Gandhi, who travelled across the length and breadth of the country before he could take up the cause of our countrymen.

So folks! The solution of everything lies in knowing. Knowing people, knowing their thinking, knowing their history, knowing their likings and so on.. But No! Telling about you and everything about yourself whatever you wanted to know about others is equally important. So the catch word surely is "SHARING".

Dr Sunil Ji Garg

No comments:

Post a Comment