Wednesday 20 July 2016

Supreme God Money


For a very long period I had a belief that the ranking of money comes much below than faith, trust, respect etc. I always believed that religious faith is a genuine attribute found in most human beings. I thought that when people pray, they pray for wellness of self and everyone around them. The happenings in our country and globally are forcing me to consider another aspect of faith, which is money. The only faith seems to be money for a very large chunk in the current social system. The so called growing religious fanatism is nothing but a way of earning livelihood for many. Obviously this route does have enough scope of crossing the limits and it becomes a sort of greed which is no more for livelihood alone. A king clad like a normal person, decided to stay in an inn. A priest was also staying in the same inn. By the way the baggage of both king and the priest were of same shape, size and colour. When they checked out in the morning there baggage gets exchanged. When the king thought of changing his clothes while on his way back, he opened the baggage and saw that it was full of cash and two small clay statues of worship idols. He decided to return to the inn for returning this bag to the priest. By the time priest had already returned to the inn with few policemen and with a baggage containing the royal clothes. He had reported to the police regarding the theft of his baggage along with the amount it contained. The policemen also doubted the king, if he had also made a theft in the palace. Finally the king had to come in his royal avatar to prove innocence. He also asked the priest regarding why he had not reported regarding the missing statues. The priest answered, “I can buy many such statues with the cash I had, but statues can’t get me anything”. The king was surprised with this answer from a priest whose job is to make people, believers of religion. This is a simple story is without a great climax, but it does have a message about the realities around us. Now apply these realities to any and every religion, you will discover the same truth, that “Supreme God is Money”. No, No! Please do not reach any conclusion about my personality with this statement. My beliefs are still not shattered, but I must admit that I do see a lot of foundations being broken all around me. Are you feeling a similar pain, please do share your pain with me, it will get reduced by sharing.
 
Dr. Sunil Ji Garg

No comments:

Post a Comment