Wednesday 30 November 2016

Power of Questions


Isidore Robey, a famous physicist, came to the United States as a small child and grew up on New York City’s Lower East Side.  In an interview he once was asked how a poor immigrant boy was able to become one of the world’s leading physicists.
He replied, “I couldn’t help it.  It was because of my mother. She had a deep appreciation for the search for the truth.  And every single day when I came home from school, she would ask me, ‘Did you ask any good questions today?’”

 According to Arnold Edinburgh, “Curiosity is the very basis of education and if you tell me that curiosity killed the cat, I say only the cat died nobly.”  Every new invention began as an answer to a question. So in themselves questions are important, and according to Voltaire, we should “Judge a man by his questions rather than by his answers.” It is true that “a fool can ask more questions than a thousand wise men can answer”; but that is altogether another matter.

Indian Thoughts Archives

No comments:

Post a Comment