Saturday 11 February 2017

Mission Methodologies 3


The third mission methodology is simple. It is termed by me as ‘Growth Orientation Methodology’. This is inspired by my Air Force Flying School days’ experiences. We as young Flight Cadets were taught to ask ourselves three questions every half an hour while flying solo. These three questions were: ‘Where am I?’, ‘ Why am I here?’ and ‘What am I going to do next?’….
‘An answer to the first question demanded that I had to find out the exact ‘ground position’ of my aircraft on the map which was the position of the aircraft in relation to a known landmark or place on ground. If the ground position of the aircraft was not on the required track, I had to ask the second question, ‘why am I here?’ and find an answer which involved checking the Compass, Altimter, Speedometer etc. to find out the reason for drifting away from the original track…. Once the reason was identified, the third question came, ‘what am I going to do next?’. This meant immediate corrective measures to regain the original track, to make good the Estimated Time of Arrival, ETA, reporting actual position to the Air Traffic Control etc.…….
‘I have found that these three questions can be applied to any mission or initiative or relationship for evaluating and reorienting its growth and focus from time to time. That is why it is termed ‘Growth Orientation Methodology’. Isn’t it simple, my son?’ the Baba asked his beloved disciple. 
‘Of course, maharaj. It will be very useful for me. I shall always remember this Growth Orientation Methodology. I shall also apply it in my own personal life.’ Atma Prakash replied.
The guru and his beloved disciple closed their eyes and meditated together for sometime. 
There was a strong and deep ‘communion of spirits’ that bound them together.

Excerpts from Integral Revolution

No comments:

Post a Comment