Saturday 17 June 2017

Another Story of a Man with the Lamp


A man with a lamp in a dark night notices another man coming across with no lamp.
He said, 
"My friend, please take my lamp as you don't have any. I am almost home".
The other man replied, 
"Thanks for your kindness my friend. But I am blind and so there is no use of a lamp to me".
Though taken aback for a moment realizing that the man is blind, he still persuades the blind man to take the lamp. Now his point is that it would help others notice the blind man and thus avoid an unnecessary barging into him. The blind man agrees to this and takes the lamp. 
After walking for a while, the blind man hears another person coming against him.
The blind man asks, 
"Hello friend, do you have a lamp with you?"
The other man replies, no.
Blind man then says, 
"Please take my lamp, I am blind anyway and this lamp would be more useful to you" 
The other man replies, 
"Thank you for offering the lamp, my friend. But it has already gone out"! 
Anything that is owned by someone who doesn't realize the value of, is like the lamp in the hands of the blind. They are too blind to notice it losing all its virtue in their hands!

Indian Thoughts Archives

No comments:

Post a Comment