Tuesday 21 January 2014

Split Personality


Few days back, I was watching an episode of "Kaun Banega Crorepati", where a young boy on the hot seat was claiming that he had a split personality. He said that his one side asks him to do worldly things and the other side stops him and shows him the moral path. I wondered about the expressive power of that young boy, who was so clearly spelling out all the aspects of both his personalities. He had also kept another name of the boy sitting inside him.

This episode forced me to do some introspection. I also found another man inside me. In fact, I found more than one. I was not creative enough to keep real names of all these people I found inside me. I had a man asking me to find better stories for writing these articles; another man was asking me if I would get any financial benefit. There was still another one, who had a notion that writing these lines will make me famous like other eminent people, I always wanted to be like. There were so many others, some of them were morally supportive and some of them were quite destructive, some were silly argument makers and some were 'me always right' types.

Hats off to that young boy, who helped me look inside me. Try it for any of your thoughts today. The world of split personalities is inside every one of us. The question is which personality we are able to bring out and sustain for a longer time.

Dr. Sunil Ji Garg

No comments:

Post a Comment