Wednesday 10 September 2014

Mathematical Equation of Success


Just few days back, I read an interesting anecdote in the column ‘Smart Plus’, that was titled, “The Mathematics of Life”. It immediately reminded me of a mathematical formula of success that was invented during the episode I am going to narrate you just now.

The episode goes like this. One of my bright teammates got selected in a reputed Government of India Service. We all had collected to bid farewell to him. Immediately after the farewell, my friend took out an autograph diary and started taking autographs of all his friends. In the end he came to me. I asked him, “In what way would you like to be remembered here.” He replied confidently, “Sir! I want to be remembered like a bright mathematician from a small town”. “Okay dear! Then I shall give you this mathematical equation of success”. I took his autograph diary and wrote the equation that came to my mind as a first thought. It was written as: Success = (Dreams) to the power (Hard work x Honesty). One can read it this way that Success is equal to Dreams powered by multiplication of hard work and honesty.

My friend is really a successful man in life. Now he is on a very senior position in Government of India. He did come to meet me later and reminded me of this equation. Today as I read the article in ‘Smart Plus’, I could not stop myself narrating this story. I hope this equation can help many more people. So my Generation Z friends, “Power your dreams with Hard work done with Honesty, many-many times, and you are bound to get success.” Yes I know! Some of my friends would like to know, “What is Success?” The answer to this actually lies inside all of us. Sometime later, I shall try to share my thoughts regarding this question as well. Please stay in touch.

Dr. Sunil Ji Garg

No comments:

Post a Comment