Thursday 21 May 2015

Mindset or Truth


Our minds are often rigidly programmed to think in a certain way. This we know about ourselves also, but still we keep making such remarks about others that he or she is talking with a particular mindset. We assume a mindset of political leaders, media or the people we see or meet in our day to day life. 

When something is reported in media in a particular way we develop a mindset on the basis of limited information provided to us. This happened in the case of brick throw event by cop towards a lady or this also happened about the repeated misquoted behaviour of relatives of Ms. Aruna shanbaugh, who recently passed away after forty years of boldly fought coma. 

Whole world works on perception. I read somewhere that, the true definition of “truth” is, “Truth is only the currently held perception about something”. I read many stories about the search of truth or experiments with truth when I was forming a particular mind set of my own. I did read about Gautam Buddha, who decided to sit under a tree in search of truth. I also kept the book by Mahatma Gandhi called “My Experiments with Truth” behind my bedside for many days to read it page by page every night before sleeping. The dilemma of true definition of truth is still far from over. I am still unable to cross the limits of my limited mindset. Just to reduce my pressure a bit I used my hobby of creating acronym like expansions, I expanded the word “TRUTH” to Trustworthy, Rightful, Upheld, Time-Tested, Honest. I hope my hobby will help you to find your own definition of truth, to go beyond a particular mindset. 

Dr. Sunil Ji Garg 

No comments:

Post a Comment