Wednesday 13 January 2016

Rebellion


A line in J.K Rowling's novel "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban" particularly attracted my attention. It was "I want to commit the murder I was imprisoned for". It was said by the character Sirius Black. Here the context was quite different, but the way this sentence was framed drew my attention. All along our lives we also feel imprisoned by some kind of binding thoughts. Sometimes we feel bound by religious beliefs. Sometime we are bound by the relations we are in and sometime our own actions bind us so much so that we want to break free from everything and do something exactly opposite of whatever is expected of us. Recently I was hearing a discussion where most people involved wanted to give capital punishment to anyone who says anything against religious beliefs of other religion. Sometimes I feel that we have again started living in a time where solutions are found by demanding hanging of any such person who voices a different opinion. Opinions itself have become a reason to create social unrest. I also feel imprisoned, when such thing happen around me. But! I do not blame this on rising intolerance. I blame this on inaction of self declared tolerant people. 

A social action movement against corruption few years back gave hope to so many Indians that something will change now for the better. Things changed for the better for few individuals of that movement. A wide scale social movement across borders of the nation is required to remove the menace of forced religious beliefs also. The way we do environment summit and decide to reduce pollution, we also do some thing similar to curb the pollution in our thoughts. An organised set of people is trying to pollute our minds so that we become controllable and leave our identities. Hope we can face this onslaught by practicing non-violent murder techniques. People who are surprised by hearing this term non-violent murder, I shall advise them to read some thing more about our father of the nation Gandhi Ji. 

Dr. Sunil Ji Garg

No comments:

Post a Comment