Wednesday 6 January 2016

Time to improve my efficiency


Watch the title of this article again. Last four words are expansion of the first word. Yes, that's true. TIME can surely expand as "To Improve My Efficiency". The reason I am quoting this in this first article of New Year is that every year my new pledge is this itself. I always say to myself that it is time to improve my efficiency. What impact this pledge made on me is yet to be proven, but when I complete some work efficiently I do connect it to my pledge. Time as a fourth dimension is quite well accepted concept in general. I even consider time to be the sixth element we are made up of. It is said that time comes for everyone. It comes even for the most downtrodden. In fact time comes again and again and we loose it again and again. Time is like GOD who forgives our sins. Still we kill time. There are some other people who race against time. Some time we also place bids over time. We commercialize time. I had been a time-management speaker on various forums. In every such lecture I had been focusing on the power of planning, giving details of how one can prepare charts to plan time. Recently I came across an entirely new approach of planning. Instead of planning what is to be done on a day or in a week, a person started writing the list of things what he did in the whole day. He even wrote things like that he watched TV news for 2 hours. He gossiped on phone with his friend. He also listed that he went to temple to offer prayers even though he never believed in existence of GOD. His evening notes list kept on swelling and so was his interest in preparing them. Soon this person realised that only few things he wrote gave him the sense of achievement. And then time came for him too. This is called the time of transformation. He kept on writing the evening log for the purpose of entering more and more things he felt are giving him that special feeling of fulfillment. Now his diary had entries like - I helped my neighbour's child to solve the maths problem he was struggling with, I brought eye drops for my mother on her first request itself, I wrote an email to my daughter, reminding her of the story she always requested at the bed-time. Watch out! Something is changing inside you as well. Its time to say bye for now. 

Dr. Sunil Ji Garg

No comments:

Post a Comment