Tuesday 24 May 2016

The Lottery Ticket


John, who was in financial difficulty, walked into a church and started to pray. ''Listen God,'' John said. ''I know I haven't been perfect, but I really need to win the lottery. I don't have any money. Please help me out.''
He left the church, a week went by, and he hadn't won the lottery, so he walked into a synagogue. ''Come on, God,'' he said. ''I really need this money. My mom needs surgery and I have bills to pay. Please let me win the lottery.''
He left the synagogue, a week went by, and he didn't win the lottery. So, he went to a mosque and started to pray again. ''You're starting to disappoint me, God,'' he said. ''Give me a break! I've prayed and prayed. If you just let me win the lottery just this time, I'll be a better person. I don't have to win the jackpot, but just enough to get me out of debt. I'll even give some to charity. Just let me win the lottery.''
John thought this did it, so he got up and walked outside. Just then the clouds opened up and a booming voice said, ''John, you give me a break; first buy a lottery ticket.''
Not even God can help those who do not help themselves. The first step is yours to take.

No comments:

Post a Comment