Tuesday 1 July 2014

Grand Generation Changing


He is around seventy five. In first look you will mistake him for a person in early sixties. While on his evening walk every day, he used to pass from the lane that crosses the front of my house. Recently I met him in a party. I asked him, “Uncle! These days I don’t see you during your evening walk. Have you changed your route?” He replied in a casual tone, “Look Sunil! Weather is really very hot these days. I like to remain in the air-conditioned room whole day. Even the meals, I take in the room only.”

His reply forced me to write this episode for my readers. All these days this grand generation had been inspiring to me for maintaining their routine, whatever season comes or goes. This person in particular was also quite particular of his routine, as I have known him since many years. Off late, I have been observing a drastic change amongst people of the grand generation. The generation that was always attuned to higher value system and controlled lifestyle is also becoming self centered and convenience oriented. We always respected a grand generation for whom weather was never an excuse to follow their daily routine. We thought that the future generations will follow them at least when they become grand. But somehow the systems are changing very fast. I don’t know if they are changing for the better. I am not saying that conveniences are to be enjoyed only by the new generation and grand generations should be devoid of them. I just think that the guiding pillars need to remain positive example setters.

Dr. Sunil Ji Garg

No comments:

Post a Comment