Wednesday 22 July 2015

Inner Voice


We keep hearing various types of voices all around us. Every voice has its own agenda, whether it comes as a part of a radio programme like ‘Maan ki Baat’ from prime minister of India or it is the “expecting something” voice of a family member or an office colleague. We all have definitely heard sometime in our lifetime a unique voice from our own mind, which we call our inner voice. One can read a lot about this inner voice from a popular creation by our father of nation Mahatma Gandhi, a book named “My experiments with truth”. The word most nearest to inner voice according to this great thinker was definitely ‘Truth’. After reading Gandhi Ji I started thinking about the equivalence of truth to inner voice. 

The story of my career selection was related to this conflict between truth and inner voice. After senior secondary school, according to my inner voice I wanted to opt for a college that can give me a career in writing or in painting. As my inner voice itself was contradictory, my parents wanted me to become a doctor or an engineer. I was one of those rare breeds those days who had both mathematics and biology as my senior secondary school subjects. I got selected in engineering, but was not sent there as my parents had planned a medical career for me. This was simply because my elder brother was already there in engineering line. Later another elder relative of mine guided my parents to let me become an Engineer that too from the same college where my brother was studying. The inner voices of so many people around me shaped up like a truth often labeled as ‘experience’ and my inner voice accepted everything like a destiny.
 
Today situations have changed. Inner voices of young individuals have become stronger than inner voices of people around them. Experience is not relevant any more. Desires have over- powered everything. Desires of writing destinies can land many people into trouble. This is because desires are driven by peer progress rather than truthful needs of individuals. The inner voice starts catching the frequency of other desire driven people around. Introspection takes the back seat. So friends! Before I conclude, I would like to make a final remark. “Inner voice that comes after introspection can help us find the truth in a better form”. Please talk to yourself, before you react any further. 

Dr. Sunil Ji Garg 

No comments:

Post a Comment