Friday 20 November 2015

Art of Cooking


Atma Prakash read widely on the themes of their discussions.  
But it was his discussions with Mataji that inspired him the most during the period. He found Mataji to be a very enlightened person.
Her words gave him deep insights into the nature of human beings and the purpose of human life.
‘Mataji, you cook and feed us with great love. You are always cheerful. You seem to be always at peace with yourself, and with everyone and everything. May I ask you, revered Mataji, what is the secret?’ Atma Prakash asked Mataji one day.
The Mataji was prompt in her response: ‘When we know our role in God’s will and plan, and surrender ourselves totally and unconditionally to it willingly and lovingly, we will find peace and joy in life, my son…
‘Babaji helped me find the will and plan of God in my life years ago. He is also my revered guru. He had initiated me when I was with him for my doctoral studies on ‘Enviormental Sciences’. I got into a teaching job in the University soon after my Ph.D….
‘I did not opt for marriage though there were a number of very tempting proposals. I decided to remain single because after my retirement I wanted to join Babji in this Ashram. I retired 3 years ago and ever since then I have been here to help him take care of the Ashram, especially to cook and feed him and the members and guests of the Ashram. I love to do it. I am a good cook…. But Babaji mostly is on raw food, as you have seen.’
‘Yes, of course, Mataji. You are a really good cook.’ Atma Prakash said enthusiastically.
‘Please remember my son, we human beings are body-mind-spirit entities. We need to take care of all these three dimensions of our personality…..
‘I help the members and guests to take care of the bodies with nourishing satvic food, raw or cooked. I serve them with great love in my heart. Babaji helps them to take care of their minds and spirits, teaching them and guiding them with great love.’ 
Mataji told Atma Prakash. He was all attention. He was wanting her to proceed further. 
Seeing his eagerness, Mataji continued:
‘It is in the human person, my son, that matter becomes alive, life becomes conscious, mind enters into the realm of spirit, and the spirit itself displays its divine potentials. In other words, we human beings are the conduits and catalysts for the spiritualization of matter, for the divinization of the material world, as our Babaji says’, the Mataji told him.
They were sitting together on the veranda of the kitchen.
‘The only means available to us to achieve this very meaning and purpose of our existence on earth is true love that is ever forgiving, enduring and self-sacrificing. This understanding brings us to the truth that human life can find its meaning and fulfillment in this world only through true love. It is from our mothers that we experience love for the first time’, she added. 
Mataji then continued further: ‘The physical, the psychological and the spiritual aspects of the human personality are integral dimensions of our total being. We cannot see them as separate parts, we need to see them in their integrity and totality….
‘Also, we are not islands in ourselves. We are social beings. We exist in relationship. We are integral part of the society in which we live. We are also part of the larger human family…
‘Earth is our common mother. Hence, we are integrally related to Mother Earth and all other forms of life. Thus, there are also the personal, social and ecological dimensions of our life that need to be seen as integral to life and existence.….
‘The present civilization is based on divisive specializations, and on self-destructive sensuality and sensations. The physical and sensual are ruling the world today. Our revolutions are also mostly at these levels. We have lost touch with the deeper spiritual and the greater universal dimensions of our being. As a result, our life and existence today have become ‘rootless’ and ‘roofless’ …. Do you understand this tragedy, my son?’ Mataji asked Atma Prakash.
‘Yes Mataji. Please tell me more’ Atma Prakash was eager.

Excerpts from Integral Revolution

No comments:

Post a Comment