Thursday 12 November 2015

Light


As I write this to you on the “Festival of Lights - Diwali”, I thought to write something about light itself. In my childhood days I read some dying quotes worth a note. For e.g. it was “Hey Ram” by father of our nation Mahatma Gandhi. The interesting one related to light was from a famous author O. Henry, It was; “Turn up the lights; I don't want to go home in the dark”. I was so touched with these words at the tender age of about twelve that till today I prefer to have lights on, even while sleeping. My wife always complains that I am wasting power. In front of her I easily accept it as my bad habit, but on lighter note I always tell her that liking of light can make me a great author like O. Henry. She has also read the famous story “The gift of Magi” by O. Henry and one thing at least we think alike that O. Henry was a great writer. Lighter notes apart, let me come back to the topic of Light in the context I want to write about. Many of us, rather most of us, in fact all of us must have had an experience of feeling of light that comes from within us. Some people say that when an Idea strikes, a thousand watt bulb glows in the mind. Some people term it as an energy coming from mind, heart or the whole body. Medical science has been using human bio-field in form of ECG and EEG since long. Recently researchers have been successful in driving equipments with thoughts. We have been seeing photos of many saints with halos coming out of their head. Do we emit light? Are we sensitive enough to understand someone else, based on the energy or some form of light he or she emits? The answers to these questions are not fully known as of now. But one thing is for sure, that we do have some energy based messaging systems, both, within and outside our body. Till the time we conclusively prove this, we have to keep working with current system of feelings only. One simple thought experiment I suggest, the moment you feel some kind of glow in your mind, when you think of something, note down about that moment as soon as possible in your diary. Few days later the enlightenment will start happening and new level of enjoyment is the most likely outcome. 

Dr. Sunil Ji Garg

No comments:

Post a Comment