Wednesday 2 December 2015

Child Inside Me

Like many people in this country, I am also a movie buff. I am just returning back after watching the Hindi movie “Tamasha”. After many ups and downs, the protagonist in the movie ultimately chooses his childhood dream career of a story teller. Most good movies are made in a way that persons sitting in the cinema hall connect their own life happenings to the happenings in the reel life of some character in the movie. I connected my own life with this person. After having a roller-coaster ride in the industry as a Scientist, Computer Designer, Software Programmer, Top Manager, I finally chose to be a teacher and a writer. I was satisfied with all my roles but they were all routine in nature. Now I feel I am back to the days of my child-hood, where I had a habit of collecting friends around me and start helping them in their studies, even at the cost of my own marks. I also used to write a lot in my early childhood, which somehow got reduced as the pressure of studies mounted. When I interact little longer with any person, I always find a child inside every person. The childhood memories are generally quite dear to most people I met. Somehow many of us put many layers over our personality and try to become artificial, as if we will get more respect with those artificial layers. In reality exactly opposite happens. Once I was giving a lecture on “Ageless Memory” to senior citizens, I was surprised to see that most senior citizens had very well retained memories of their childhood and many of them narrated incidences of their childhood in meticulous details. So much so that the things that happened two days ago were forgotten, but things that happened eighty years ago were well intact in their memory. So! I request all readers, specially the middle age generations to re-discover and re-live the dreams of their childhood and have much better satisfaction and contentment. 

Dr. Sunil Ji Garg

No comments:

Post a Comment