Monday 10 November 2014

Astro Brother


These days I happen to meet him quite often. Astrology is his hobby. During his hobby phase itself, he made many predictions, which he claims came out to be true. Now he wants to convert this hobby to a profession. With my help he wanted to use the cyber world to become popular. After few initially discussions, he became quite friendly with me and started discussing things which were a sort of internal secrets of his profession. He told me that most of the predictions are actually based on the understanding of the needs of the client. He also told me that, he has a large collection of books on this subject, which are in a way copies of each other. He also claims that he has also acquired knowledge of accurate celestial calculations and he can make better predictions than others.

I was not expecting such statements to come from an Astrologer. The contradiction was evident. I know that my readers will have mixed opinion on astrology being a science or just a fake tool to fool people. I have heard numerous stories about how people became successful after following their astrologer’s advice. But, as per experiments in past many years, the theory of effect of celestial bodies on our future is far from proof. So what is the truth? I decided to explore it a little further by referring to our ancient scriptures (Ved, Purans, Gita, Bhrigusamhita), easily available for download these days. Based on commentary of many scholars on these scriptures I could understand that the “Karma” theory strongly propagated by “Gita” seems to be most prominent and most effective. The main difference in astrological prediction principles and the theory of “Gita” is that while the first one tries to en-cash our urge to know the future, the second one quashes this urge and clearly says that please do not expect and make wishes about the future.

The core fundamental of our whole system of being together as a society is based on self-control. We do need to control the urge of physical as well mental supremacy over others around. Similarly we need to learn to control our urge of knowing our future. 

Dr. Sunil Ji Garg

No comments:

Post a Comment