Monday 15 December 2014

New Masters, New Nation


Rapes and rapes, it pains India too much. How are we going to solve this ethnic (?) issue?  Recently I happened to read one Daud Arif (a student of Jamia Millia Islamia, currently in USA), who wrote point blank that raping is my right. His post begins asking “Who am I?” See how he tries to answer his own question. He continued, “I am a male for whom my family might have killed my unborn sister, or perhaps sisters, till they got to know it is me who is going to come in this world. You see, how honored I am in the hierarchy even before I arrive on the earth? When I come in the world, I start learning at times by spoken words, at times by the things I see around. Few neighborhood families do take up the curse of giving birth to a female child. Oh yes, I heard females are curse in scriptures, Maybe God said it……”

Certainly, he is proving what he believes. If we look at the Indian Scriptures from a perceptive angle, I assure you that you will see yourself at the co-creator’s desk. The science of positive thinking says that you create what you wish. Buddist Suttha (Dhammapada) clarifies it by saying “You are your own master, and you make your own future”. Indian Scriptures say that Creator actually is the sum of everything in this universe, living or non-living. That means that you are responsible for all the experiences you go through here. They are invariably your own conscious creations.  Twin towers would not have fallen down unless there were enough to intend that. Unless you had yearned for tickling skin stories in dailies, there would not have been so much of sex abuses here. I don’t say that you begin intending positively right from now onwards; I just want you to look into the fact that if you change positively, definitely there will be at least one to shout, ‘raping is an offense’. 

Joseph Mattappally

No comments:

Post a Comment