Wednesday 6 April 2016

Change or Change


"Who moved my cheese", the famous story from Dr. Spencer Johnson has been one of my favourites in the recent times. It is all about changing with times narrated with the help of interesting characters, two small rats and two dwarf humans. The messages of the story are quite well established, "Sense the change early - change with change – accept and enjoy the change - be ready for the next cycle very soon." This book is also being used by corporate leaders as a tool to convince their employees when the organization restructuring happens. So there are actually two types of people, one who are asked to change or one who want others to change. People who are asked to change are also of two types. One who are able to show that they have changed and one who might have changed a bit, but are actually not able to show that they have changed. It is quite obvious that who is able to make change makers happy.

The times have certainly changed. They have always been changing and today is not an exception. Change is bound to create impact on our lives. Choice between taking it as a positive impact or a negative impact is surely ours. Even the toughest nut has a weak spot. We keep hearing stories where people could change things by simple change of attitude. Interestingly these stories are promoted on social media by many such people who themselves are considered by their family and friends as people with attitude problems. "A CEO, I know took twelve days off on the death of his mother who could not give one hour company to his mother when she was alive". This kind of messages are being spread by people who are actually trying to hide their own guilt. You can yourself decide what kind of change is this. When I read my own write-up, sometime I also feel if I am struggling for a change I always needed. Please do not get me wrong. I am not the hero of any of these examples. It is simply that I have been knowing such people whom some times are inspiring and sometimes are those people whom I feel, that whatever I may become, but I should not become like them. Anyway I expressed myself this way, you can also find your own good way to change or at least express a desire to change. Change will surely come. We together can make it a worthy change. Here this 'We' means a 'Self' that goes for a change and a 'Self' that keeps asking whether it is worthwhile to change.

Dr. Sunil Ji Garg

No comments:

Post a Comment